Tintinara-Coonalpyn Prescribed Wells Area WAP
A Water Allocation Plan (WAP) for the Tintinara-Coonalpyn Prescribed Wells Area was adopted on 23 April 2012.
The WAP aims to:
- protect the resource for all water users, now and into the future
- provide greater certainty for water users.
Key policies in the WAP include:
- defining sustainable water allocation limits for the water management areas within the Tintinara-Coonalpyn Prescribed Wells Area
- adjusting water allocations to meet the adopted limits where necessary in the Tintinara (unconfined) and Tolmer (confined) management areas
- changes to the volumetric allocation methodology
- increased flexibility of trade and transfers of allocations
- carry-over policy for unused allocation.
Find out more information about what a WAP is and why they are important.
Find out about permits and licences relating to this WAP.