Volunteers play a major role in the management of the Murraylands and Riverland region. Their contribution of time, energy, expertise, equipment and resources is extremely valuable and underpins the sustainable management of our landscapes.
Volunteering is a rewarding experience for people of all ages. Volunteers make new friends, learn new things, have fun and keep fit!
The Murraylands and Riverland Landscape Board aims to increase the contribution of, and support for, volunteering in the region. To achieve this aim, the following objectives have been identified:
- improve recognition and acknowledgment of volunteer contributions and skills
- increase recruitment of new volunteers
- ensure effective communication between volunteers and other stakeholders
- provide adequate funding to support volunteer programs
- ensure the safety and wellbeing of volunteers
- establish effective management and governance systems for volunteer programs
- develop knowledge and skills of volunteers and volunteer managers
- ensure technical support is available to volunteers.
There are many opportunities to get involved as a volunteer and a range of programs to ensure volunteers are supported and recognised for their valuable work.